Sunday, May 27, 2018
Hidden Labyrinths of Egypt
There is an incredible ‘Lost’ underground city located beneath the Pyramids of Giza, and despite the fact that only a few know about it today, it was extremely well documented in the past.
Although there are very few remains, and historical accounts seem to differ, the Labyrinth of Egypt, the Labyrinth of Hawara, did actually exist over four thousand years ago. The Labyrinth of Egypt was located near the ancient town of Arsinoe (Crocodilopolis), and south of the pyramid of Hawara, in the area known today as the Fayum. The actual location of the Egyptian Labyrinth was discovered by Professor Flinders Petrie in 1888. The Labyrinth itself had been so completely demolished that the only remains left was a large bed of stone fragments. In this pile of stone chips a few items of interest were discovered, including scattered bits of the foundations, solid granite shrines, a large well, north and south facing door jambs, fragments of statues and a large granite figure of of Amenemhat III.
There were enough fragments left from the original foundations to enable Petrie to determine the size and position of the structure. For more information about the animations that TMBA created of the
Labyrinth, you can go here: ttp://www.tmba.tv/3d-animation-studio/archaeology/labyrinth-egypt/ TMBA, Inc. - Animation Studio 330 West 38th Street, New York, NY 10018 (212) 789-9077